The 2020-2021 School Year
Utica National offers valuable online training to you – our valued school policyholders and your districts – through SafeSchools, at no additional charge.
During this uncertain time, we wanted to remind our policyholders about SafeSchools’ comprehensive library, which contains hundreds of online training courses written by leading safety authorities, including:
- Coronavirus Awareness
- Coronavirus: CDC Guidelines for Making & Using Cloth Face Coverings
- Coronavirus: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Workplace
- Coronavirus: Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Coronavirus: Preparing Your Household
- Coronavirus: Reopening Your Organization
- Coronavirus: Transitioning to a Remote Workforce
In addition, SafeSchools now offers a group of COVID-19 training courses designed specifically for students. These courses are also available to Utica National policyholders at no additional cost. The topics are:
- Coronavirus Awareness
- Face Coverings
- Social Distancing
Other Benefits of the Online Training:
- Real-time compliance tracking is available 24/7/365
- Staff members will receive automated email remainders to complete assigned training
- Course Completes are tracked within the SafeSchools systems
If you are already a SafeSchools subscriber, login through your district-specific URL. If you need assistance with your district’s URL, contact SafeSchools at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A monthly SafeSchools newsletter is also included for school policyholders. Check out some recent editions that address COVID-19 topics, including:
- August edition, which addresses New Title IX Regulations in K-12 Schools.
- July edition, which addresses Student Mental Health, Cleaning with Chemicals, and Reopening Schools.
- June edition, which addresses an important Safety Alert: Coronavirus and Cyber Crime.
- May edition, which offers Mental Health Tips for Families and a Suite of Coronavirus Courses.
- April edition, which offers Coronavirus Awareness Courses.
If you’re not yet signed up for SafeSchools call 800-434-0154 or email email@example.com to register today!
During this difficult time, teachers and students have had to adjust to a new way of learning, which has been challenging. We’re proud to present a virtual relief curriculum to all schools through our partnership with Erin Gruwell and the Freedom Writers Foundation. The curriculum focuses on installments of lessons that focus on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) that teachers can integrate into the daily online activities they are providing their students.
All curriculum material was developed by members of the Freedom Writers team in conjunction with a group of K-12 teachers. Each installment is broken down by grade level (age) appropriateness and focuses on positive behavior to help students and families cope with the current situation. The curriculum is available to all schools.
The curriculum includes topics such as Gratitude, Kindness, Acceptance, and more!
Erin Gruwell and Freedom Writers Foundation Curriculums
Find an Agent
If you're not a current Utica National policyholder, find a partnered agent and make the switch today!
Find an Agent »
This information is provided solely as an insurance risk management tool. It is provided with the understanding that the member insurance companies of the Utica National Insurance Group are not providing legal advice, risk management advice, or any other professional services or advice. Utica National shall have no liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the use of this information. You are encouraged to consult an attorney or other professional for advice on these issues.